Friday 17 January 2014

Critical review - 17th January 2014


Im over happy that l have finished my animation successfully, to be honest l have definitely struggled making this animation but I'm proud of myself for resolving the problem l had and I am happy to say that it worked but then saying that it is not as detailed whereas at the start of the my animation l have spent more time on it and I think watching it is noticeable slightly. 


Improve for the future:

For me to improve this I will think about the time schedule to create a animation that is decent enough to be very proud of and it is noticeable that the animation has had a lot of time spend on being made. I will definitely focus on the animation more aswell and stick to what the storyboard says, if there is a scene that does not fit with the animation, replace it with something better and what will flow. Next module I will definitely be starting my animation earlier than I have done with this module. 

If I had the chance to do this again I would of kept to sweet and simple styles, I would of don't a frame by frame sketchy animation spending a great amount of time getting it right, I'd probably focus on trees and nature liking that with the weather as the four seasons. 

I will remember:

For next time I will remember how to use tweens a lot better because I didn't really have much experience with them in previous animations I have done, and how to create a walk cycle. I will remember to stick to the storyboard. 

Techniques:

I have used a range of techniques in this animation by using tweens (shape tween) and (classic tween), frame by frame, masking, vcam, exporting the movie, sync the sound and converting to symbols.

Feedback:

- Its good 
- Rain very nice/ gave the effect time was pasting 
- Background very detailed
- Snow was nice
- Music works with the animation
- A shame there is not more, where that animation is short
- Umbrella drawing was a little glitchy/ was a little weird 
- Maybe be good she moved her arm, so looks she put it on her head.
- Want more 

Critical:

The snow:

For this not to happen again in the future l shall create a copy of the snow with the glow so if l loose it l can always replace it with the copy. The glow in the snow is a very important part because it shows what the white balls are, to be honest watching the animation it looks like white balls are falling from the sky. 

The walking:

My character looks like she is not walking properly, like she has a awkward leg or trying to run. Its not the best walk cycle but at least l got her moving. Originally l was using frame by frame to make her walk across the stage but then one of my piers told me to convert her into a symbol and make the walk cycle once and it will repeat, all l had to do after that was tween her from one side of the stage to the other side. this technique made life so much easier, it helped a lot more and it didn't take so much of my time up. 

The gap:

When both spring and summer background move across the stage there ends up being a massive gap in the middle, l have tried to resolve this issue but it keeps to the same time. In the future I will not allow this to happen by making sure they overlap each other, hopefully that method will work. 

Umbrella:

Im disappointed in myself for not animating the girl to stop and actually pick the hat up and then carry on walking. In the future I will make time to figure out how to get the character to pick things up. 

Rain:

I wish the rain was more realistic, l have created the rain to be very cartoon style, using a tween to move it from the top right of the stage to the bottom left. 
To improve this for the future l will study rain watch how it falls and create a more realistic rain. 

Masking:

I learnt a new technique 'masking' I will need to do this technique a few more times before actually understanding and being able to do it without needing any help. although my pier showed me how to use the mask and then i gave it ago myself. I find this technique very helpful for the animation and may come in handy in the future.









No comments:

Post a Comment